1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quoting Steinbrenner

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bucknutty, Oct 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dan, I think the last photo of Steinbrenner was taken at the groundbreaking for the new Yankee Stadium last summer.

He was very shaky and almost fell. It was spun as a knee locking up or something silly like that but don't believe it. He almost fainted right there on stage.

He was supposedly at the Trop for the wild card clincher but from what I read I don't believe he ever left his box.

He's not well. At all.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I really wonder what was behind last night's interview and would he even remember he said any of it?

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Yeah, BYH, that's why I keep waiting for photos. They must cart him around in a box in public.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was supposed to be at the Stadium tonight. Pretty clear that if he was there, he got in and out in a secretive manner.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I was at Yankee they day they announced that plans were final and funding was in place for the new Stadium.
    There was the obligatory PC, but George never spoke, just sat there with a dazed look. The YES crew hadn't seen him like that before, all they could talk about for the next 2 days was what was wrong with him.

6. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

What George says does not matter anymore, because he no longer runs the team.

Maybe everyone will finally figure that out this winter, the seventh straight year of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

If that's the case, how come no one ever did that after an interview with Casey Stengel?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

There is a photo of George in today's NY Times, walking into the Stadium for last night's game.

[​IMG]

9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Thanks, SP.

Draft saved Draft deleted