1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the Year (or: Starman's head explodes)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Well, honesty and integrity is an important part of our character, my character," Nick Saban told the Sporting News.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Just Starman? The dog just looked at me as if to ask, "why did you punch me?"

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Saban read Dennis the Menace this morning, and he hasn't been the same since.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Less primal rage, more righteous indignation Slappy. :D :D

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuck you.
    Is that better?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Next, Rasheed Wallace expounds on the importance of self-control, poise under pressure and consistent, unflagging effort.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SN: ... But were you taken aback - perhaps offended - by the extent to which you were vilified?

SABAN: I really don't choose to criticize others. I would rather take responsibility for my own self-determination. And when things like that happen, I sort of look within. ...

SN: It seems a more P.R.-minded Alabama coach might have to pretend sometimes that the Auburn game is bigger than all the others - no matter what.

SABAN: But I think it is bigger for the fans.

SN: But not for you?

SABAN: If it is for the fans, it is for me, all right? It's just hard for me to - and it's no disrespect to Auburn, but it's important that everyone in the program thinks that every game we play is important. ...

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After the interview concluded, Saban put his coaching services up for bid on eBay; kicked the puppy he keeps around the house for just that purpose; turned toward the southeast, in the direction of Miami, and extended his middle finger; and backstroked around his swimming pool full of $100 bills.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As good of a place as any to resurrect this...

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42651/

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

If this part of the interview happened, the bolded word would be the one he actually used.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Needs more indignation.

Draft saved Draft deleted