1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lono, Jul 2, 2006.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Time for a Quote of the Day thread. Feel free to join in the fun with good ones you heard or read.

"Wonder if he'll autograph my new Dixie Chicks CD?" — Unidentified NASCAR beat writer at Daytona Saturday night, after Vice President Cheney showed up for the pre-race driver's meeting.

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

This quote of the day isn't all that recent anymore, but it still cracks me up.

-------------

Adam Dunn, who was 0-for-1 with a walk versus Hamels, was tired of hearing about Hamels before he faced him. "Geez, you can't help but hear about it," Dunn said. "I hear he's the next Cy Young. What did he have, a minus-7 ERA in the minors? We were scared to death… Why don't they pay him $150 million, tell him thanks for all you've done, send him home and put him in the Hall of Fame right now?"

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

"Hi, I'm Steve Spurrier." *handshake follows*

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The start of a conversation between me and a friend, who just so happens to be a Red Sox fan.

Friend: You are dumb and I hate you.
    Me: Why's that?
    Friend: I don't really know.
    Friend: Probably because I hate the Yankees.
    Me: lol

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dunn had another good one in today's enquirer:

from kevin kelly's notebook

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Heard on a World Cup broadcast yesterday:

"And he's not used to scoring outside of the box..."

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Random guy in a bar speaking about the war in Iraq, saying we should have focused more on Afghanistan:
    "And the Taliban, man, the Taliban is a motherfucker."

We couldn't help but agree. The Taliban is, by all news accounts, a motherfucker.

Draft saved Draft deleted