1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the Day courtesy of Jim Rome

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, May 3, 2007.

1. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

On 69 year old HOFer Orlando Cepeda, who was pulled over last night and marijuana, a hypodermic needle, and large amounts of a white powder where found in his car.

"Come on, you're 69 years old, you're supposed to be spending your golden years going to car shows, signing autographs, and cashing in on your celebrity, not burning hippy lettuce, burying your beak, and using the spike."

Hey, I think its just as sad as anyone else if turns out the Cepeda really does have a drug problem, but come on, could this guy make it any more difficult to take him seriously.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Cepeda or Rome?

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Maybe enjoying his golden years to Cepeda was tokin' a blizzy, gettin' pokey with himself and blowin' lines off strippers' asses. As far as Rome he's a used tampon.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

hippy lettuce?
    burying your beak?
    using the spike?

damn, rome.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I hate that that stupid Rome lingo. Last I checked, people have noses not beaks.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Rome sucks ass.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

....And spoke English.....Not whatever Rome calls his lingo. Rome's wording was not lingo...Just jive. Rome is such an idiot.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I laughed so hard, I fell off my chair and smashed my grill on the floor. [Rome]

9. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Rack him.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I'm so pissed I'm going to GET MY FUCKIN' WIG BUSTED!

11. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Rome lingo sucks.

12. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Except it would go like this in the Rome cadence of speaking.....

"Come on, (pause) you're 69 years old, (pause) you're supposed to be spending your golden years (pause) going to car shows, (pause) signing autographs, (pause) and cashing in on your celebrity, (longer pause) not burning hippy lettuce, (pause) burying your beak, and using the spike." (dead silence for 10 seconds)

Draft saved Draft deleted