1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quiznos commercial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, Mar 4, 2007.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Has anyone seen this one, I forget what sandwich it's for, but that's not the highlight. No, that comes when a girl, holding a Quiznos product, says something like, "Real girls need lots of meat". I just don't know how any advertising department can screen that and not have second thoughts. But hey, I'm not arguing with the premise or anything like that.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

You're questioning an ad department which chose a retarded hamster as a spokesperson a couple years back?

3. They weren't hamsters - they were "Sponge Monkeys" and they were genius.

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

We like cheese and we like zeppelins!

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Those retarded hamsters caused me not to eat Quizno's for more than a year.

That was the first and only time advertisers caused me not to use their product.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So far, no good.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That better?

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's just it. Every time I hear a girl say "real girls need meet" and I show up, they fucking go vegan.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Eat Quizno's subs... cause they are toasty subs!

$3.99! They are so good we'd eat them raw but eating raw subs is barbaric!

We are not the Huns.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I didn't click on this thread until just now when I saw the commercial during a break in the hockey game on NBC.

I was watching the commercial wondering what about it made it worth a thread. Then I saw the end.

"[The sandwich] isn't lacking meat, and that's what a real woman needs. Tee hee hee!" :eek:

Wow. I couldn't believe I just saw that. It was pretty funny because of the shock factor, though.

10. Grohl

Grohl Guest

Is this different from the creepy Subway commercial where some young figure skater (Kimmie Meissner?) is sitting there with creepy Jared and says she likes Subway because the sandwiches have more meat? I think she repeats the phrase "more meat" a couple of times, like in the old Miller Lite "less filling, taste great" spots. Creepy is the operative word.

Draft saved Draft deleted