1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quiz: pick your '08 presidential candidate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Nov 30, 2007.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I favor Bart's platform of extending 2nd amendment protection to slingshots.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Richardson, Kucinich, Joe Biden...

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I didn't bother, because of a test from a thread a few months ago in which I was sure the questions didn't give options that necessarily had the tabulator making the right assumptions about you... For example in the first question about your opinion on the war in Iraq, someone could believe it is a shithole mess and also believe we have a responsibility to not completely bail on a mess we created. I'm not sure the option that says we should stay for a long time as a supporting force assumes that. I think it might assume that person is a war hawk, when they probably aren't--they just think we have a responsibility, even if we should be doing everything we can to create stability and get the hell out of there, yet they think that may be tough because we screwed it up so bad. Or on the question of "Do you support the concept of universal health care," what does it conclude from your answer? What if you love the concept, but believe it is impossible because we can't pay for it? What is this test concluding from an answer to that? The other test had me supporting candidates I revile, so skimmed this one and didn't do it.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dodd and Obama tied for me; Freddie Thompson dead last.

On a side note, Thompson was in town this week and spoke to the media. I have covered politicians on a variety of levels for 15+ years. I'm not sure I've ever encountered one on any level, or on either side of the aisle, with less to say than Fred Thompson. That suit couldn't be more empty. He doesn't even seem vaguely interested. His complete lack of knowledge or understanding of immigration issues was just strange, like a college kid who had been skipping class trying to bullshit an answer when called upon.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Hilary, Edwards, Obama. Shocker.

6. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Kucinich.

Now, the first "practical" candidate? Clinton.

The final results did turn up one surprise for me...I had no idea Tom Tancredo was running for office. May anyone supporting him wake up castrated.

7. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Shit, I don't want any of them.

How 'bout this guy? http://www.zod2008.com/

Edit: Fuck it, I'll vote Ron Paul. It doesn't matter considering we'll just get another douchebag millionaire no matter who wins.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I might consider Ron Paul if he had a farting chance at the nomination. Hell, I might even think about Huckabee (as the top of the ticket, not as a Rudy running mate — can't do worse than Bill, etc). But anyone else red, fuggeddaboutit.

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Clinton, Obama and Richardson all tied for first.

I support Richardson. Even though he's running for VP, I've been a big fan since he was my congressman in New Mexico in the early 90s.

10. digger

digger New Member

Dodd, Edwards, Obama. I like Edwards for some reason.

And Ragu's right. Why can't you be in favor of splitting Iraq into districts, AND for an orderly withdrawal of troops?

Guiliani came up high among republicans for me, and I wouldn't vote for him EVER. (which is probably why he should forget chasing votes in the northeast, especially new york and New jersey, we know who he really is). By the way, he looked just like a guy I work with at that youtube debate when Romney fought back on the immigration question. Typical bully, he froze up and looked confused. What an asshole.

The weird thing is, McCain came up as one of the lowest republicans for me, and he's the only one I'd vote for. I would have at least considered Huckabee, but I can't get past his idiocy on evolution.

11. Edwards, surprisingly.

Although I matched with Obama perfectly on all the issues I marked as "very important. Edwards whiffed on two of those.

12. 1) Kucinich.
    2) Clinton.
    3) Dodd.

I have no idea how HRC slipped in there since I have NO intention of voting for her in the primary.

Draft saved Draft deleted