1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quite possibly the worst Jay Mariotti column since F**-Gate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Jay's been biding his time since the '05 World Series win forced a temporary retreat. Now,
    with the Southsiders comatose, he'll pile on, relentlessly. Always been his thing . . . to attack the Chi coaches/managers in the least-advantageous current-production positions, in town.
    Guy can write -- but he wastes that talent on such hellraising, bulletheaded missions.

You could probably really do something with your talent, Eddie . . . if you put a mind to it.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

There's no reason for Mariotti or anyone to have that big of an ego. Hell, Michael fucking Wilbon even said hello and engaged in a conversation with me the first time I saw him in person. Mariotti puts his pants on and shits like any other human being on Earth. He ain't all that and a bag of chips.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Excepting his inexplicible defensiveness regarding MJ, Wilbon remains one of the Class Acts.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Met Wilbon in person once at a Redskins game and he is very classy.

As for Mariotti, why don't they let his dad take over his column? He's a much better writer than his hack son, judging from that one letter he sent to the Pitt P-G.

And ripping the rest of the media always is a good card to play. ::)

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

On ATH, at least, I think Jay Mariotti is the worst personality. I like guys like Tim Cowlishaw (sp?), Michael Smith, Jackie MacMullen, and Bob Ryan. Even Woody Paige can be entertaining and give you good info at the same time.
    But Mariotti is just kind of annoying.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'll grant you that, but it proves my point that there's no reason for Mariotti to act like he's bigger than anyone else.

Wilbon can write circles around Mariotti AND I think he's at least as big a name as Mariotti. And he's classy.

Draft saved Draft deleted