1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quite possibly the greatest prank ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Okay - I give it to you guys - you've got a point on the sitcoms. Score one for you there, definitely.

I still don't think the portrayal of "Doug" on King of Queens as a guy who likes to watch ballgames and eat a lot is as damaging as seeing a beautiful young woman get hit in the head with a steal beam. But to each his own...

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Tim Taylor, Home Improvement.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I get offended about a lot of stuff. A faux proposal at a baseball game on the video board I don't think is humiliating to her. I don't know what to tell you. I certainly didn't laugh at her or think she was an idiot. If she took the high road (and apparently she has since then) I come away from this thinking she is a pretty cool chick for the way she handled it. I don't feel humiliated for her at all. Her reaction in real time ("yes") came off infinitely better than the guy's ("I don't wanna fucking marry you").

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Home Improvement
    Everybody Loves Raymond

5. Lugnuts

I'm still mad about that. But you've slightly misrepresented my position.

I said LeBron was an idiot for announcing that he'd miss the birth of his child-- because there was a good chance he wouldn't have to. Why not just cross that bridge when he came to it? Now the kid will know Daddy WOULD HAVE missed his birth.

And guess what? It never came to that.

Why did LeBron feel the need to announce to the world he'd miss the birth? To prove what a "big man" he is.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That better be staged by the gf, or Amir is the biggest kind of prick there is.

7. Lugnuts

This has been a great discussion.

I find it fascinating that some guys liked the prank, some guys were okay with the prank once they found out the girl was still dating the ass, and some guys just didn't like it.

Mr. Lugs is a guy who probably wouldn't like it. That was ultimately my "type"....... despite dating my fair share of 'Streety Birds' at her age.

I'm sure you're all good guys, and I don't mean to dis anybody when I say this.

But it actually makes me feel good that not all "men are the same" and I made the choice I did.

Cheers everybody.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Why are people harping on the $500? That seems like pittance compared to the previous prank which involved a cross country flight to LA where they pretended to be on some television show I never heard of. I didn’t watch any of the others but I can’t imagine them being much cheaper.

These kids clearly are weighed down with too much money and way too much time on their hands. This is how they get their jollies.

The girl was with this guy through the previous five “pranks” that have occurred and she is still with him now. So let’s say these pranks are real, she doesn’t seem to be too bothered about it.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

To me, certain things are off limits for pranks/practical jokes. And a marriage proposal is one of them.

And no on SportsJournalists.com noticed one of the earlier messages wishing a happy 13th to Joey Moran and thought nothing of it?

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I agree. But she's still with the guy. Boggles my mind.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think you really have to question a future with a guy called Streety Bird.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

It made me laugh. I used to date a guy who went by his last name 'Streeter.'

Draft saved Draft deleted