1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quite possibly the greatest prank ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't see it, either, but he may know more about it than what's in the interview.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

When she gets over it, I hope she has a good sense of humor, and a lot of friends ready and waiting to help her get revenge. With luck, that guy will never stop looking over his shoulder.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And 90 percent of sitcoms make the husband/father out to be inept, clueless and bumbling while the wife/mother is smart, wise and has to fix the problems he causes.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe she can get him deployed to Iraq.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Every time that guy with the glasses was talking, I was saying to myself "What a fucking dork."

But then again, I've never been a big fan of practical jokes.

6. Outstanding

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Inky,

90 percent? That's a stretch.

And at least the husbands aren't getting hurt, physically or otherwise.

By the way, Sharon 'getting over' the prank doesn't justify it to me.

If I were Sharon's mom or sister or dad, my heart would be broken for her.

I don't know... maybe I'm overly sensitive... the prankster just struck me as a complete loser, not somebody worthy of a high-five.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It wasn't in the story, but if you watch all the pranks, you can see the girlfriend's involvement in a few. Yeah, I know...outing alert: Mayfly is the dork with the glasses setting up the pranks.

9. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Luggie, you're leading a noble cause here, but that was fake. Period. I read the interview afterward, I heard Amir defend its authenticity. Those folks were acting. Period.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

75? It's certainly more than 50.

If she was deeply offended by this prank, I'd have a problem with it. The fact that she still chooses to be in a relationship with a guy who is involved in continual prank wars tells me she's OK with it on some level.

11. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

I'm not so sure about that. And for every idiot fratboy beer commercial that belittles women, there's one with the same sitcom formula Inky described -- portraying men as Homer Simpson clones completely incapable of running their lives or functioning at all without the all-knowing wife to point them in the right direction.

And neither type of commercial is funny.

Having said all that, if I'm the girl in this video and I find out it's a prank, I go out to left field and throw that four-eyed little dork over the upper deck railing. Where he'd hopefully land on top of the discarded corpse of my ex-boyfriend.

12. This four-eyed person agrees.

Draft saved Draft deleted