1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quinn holding out on Browns?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 5, 2007.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

You pretty much hit on every front, but watch that Wright kid the Browns got. One-time issue at USC, played two years at UNLV I think and should start at CB from day one. Could be a big-time steal.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems to me the Browns (esp. Phil Savage who made the trade) need Quinn in camp, more than Quinn needs to be in camp. Quinn will have a career after this year barring injury, if the Browns don't get it done it will be on them and not Quinn.

3. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

From the sounds of it, Wright learned from his mistake and should be solid.

The Browns need to be certain they can sign Joe Thomas before Quinn... the Browns have two QBs (although, it's debatable whether or not they are actual QBs) but they don't have a LT.

The left side of the Browns line is Thomas at LT and the free-agent LG from Cincinnati Eric Steinbach. You're right, melock, this is the first time in a long time the Browns offense has some life and its defense rounding into form (at least the back seven).

Will Quinn be a bust? I'm leaning toward no, but if he's average with the talent around him, the Browns will finally see improvement.

It'll be interesting to see if Condon gets Quinn in to camp on time... but the Browns are not under any pressure to get him in with Anderson and Frye.

As for RC, I hope he gets it together this year. He mishandled some things last season, most notably Braylon's mouth. I think if the Browns show much improvement he's safe... that being said, if Bill Cowher is ready to comeback, I'm sure Cleveland will listen. :)

Bottom line... excuse me, here comes Mr. Fanboy: Go Browns, Go Cavs and Go Tribe!

You have to admit, it's great seeing your old man get excited about the Cleveland teams... hell, he's been rooting for these losers for over 50 years!

Draft saved Draft deleted