1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quinn holding out on Browns?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jun 5, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dan Patrick mentioned that Quinn might be hanging tough in negotiations with Cleveland. Is this a leak by the front office to gain leverage or is his agent really hoping to get him top 10 money?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This will make his future failure even more yummy.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What, a first-round NFL picking holding out? That never happens.

4. Mooninite

Mooninite Member

Top 10 money is reserved for top 10 picks. Quinn wasn't a top 10 pick. As a Browns fan an season ticketholder I hated this pick. I think he was a product of the Notre Dame and ESPN hype machine. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst like all Browns fans.

5. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

the nfl should do what the NBA does with rookie salaries. have a system set up to where they are in a certain pay scale, depending on where they are picked. that is why NBA rookies are in camp, and NFL rooks bitch for months about 150 thousand.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SOmewhere, Ron Pawlus has no idea why he started screaming

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I remember a couple of years ago when someone was trying to hype a story about the possibility of Maurice Clarett holding out from the Broncos...like a third or fourth round pick ever held out. Hell, there was some fool on this site last year trying to hype a story that Reggie Bush was prepared to sit out the entire Saints season.
    Wake me up when Quinn doesn't show up for the first day of practice.....

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Couple observations:

1. The Browns aren't running the most complicated offense in the league, so if the guy misses a week or two of training camp, so be it. I doubt it gets that far.

2. Charlie Frye can play for a little while, but he's not a NFL quarterback. He spooks too easy. He won't be good until his legs slow down a little and he had to stay in the pocket. Derek Anderson is probably the better option.

3. Enough of this Notre Dame hype machine nonsense. Quinn has a huge frame, the requisite coaching, decent mechanics...he'll be a pretty good pro guy.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The first overall pick who is a QB will always get more than a DE or OT would get for being the first pick. Quinn might not get top 10 money, but he's going to want first-round QB money. That has to be more than DE or OT would get at 22. No?

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Agree, agree and agree.

Who is anyone kidding? Quinn will be playing for a new coach next year. Crennel won't be around unless he pulls off a miracle.

Frye can hold it down, but Quinn is by far the better player and should pass him without much of a fight. Anderson is a backup. That's about it.

Quinn won't be a franchise QB, but put guys like Edwards and Winslow around him, Joe Thomas and that guy they signed from the Bengals (some guard?) protecting his ass; get him a RB and all of a sudden that offense looks pretty good.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're right, Crennel's done. Cleveland gets absolutely blasted by its division every year. Browns don't have the up-down talent the Steelers do, they don't have the athletes to cover the Bengals, and they can't score on the Ravens.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted