1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quincy Jones: I'm why seniors should be re-tested regularly for driver's licenses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Apologize for nothing, Quincy. Keep talking. Please.

matt_garth likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So no one fucked a mailbox?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Forget about Marilyn or anyone else, Quincy bagged the young Peggy Lipton (who is Rashida Jones' mother). She's one of the most stunningly beautiful women ever.

Google it.

CD Boogie likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

True. Rashida is also beautiful, and didn't get her looks from her dad.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If that ain't true it should be!

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

I love women with sleepy eyes.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

His choice of words might not be tactful, but his opinion does not seem surprising to me.
    He was accustomed to working with very serious, technically proficient studio musicians- real aces.
    I'd guess that players such as the Beatles, Swift and many other popular performers were and are not of the caliber that Jones and a lot of other producers would prefer to use in the studio.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Johnny Cash and his middle finger agrees with Quincy. [​IMG]

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'd agree with this and add that Jones was a jazzman who led a big band across Europe, he wouldn't be the first guy in that genre to feel like his music was being lapped by he likes of the Beatles and all who followed them. Jones's memoir is great, too.

11. CD Boogie

The Beatles? Whether it was Malcolm Gladwell touting them for passing the 10,000 hour threshold while playing in Hamburg or Lemmy saying that they were a terrific live act, I've never heard anyone slag their chops. Each of them went on to successful solo careers, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted