1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quincy Carter busted for weed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 15, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it was even more fun being there -- i can't believe i lost that tape. was classic.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I hear Carter has repaid Galloway. He gave him a free lesson in how to be a fuck-up.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Did Galloway ever post bail for Michael Irvin?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So how long 'til we see an athlete bail a reporter out of jail?

*crickets chirping*

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

A guy who played in the NFL less than two years ago can't post $500 bond? Wow.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, because that's what people do after smoking a fattie. Throw shit around. Never mind that inviting couch, The Cartoon Network or the Milk Duds.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm sure Galloway did it to prop the ratings on his sagging radio show. He was on the air on his cell phone at the jail.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Be the first time he's thrown anything in about four years.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No one said he was high at the time, only that he was in possession.

On his show, as they were arranging bail, Galloway took a similar shot. When told Quincy was arrested while throwing things around, Galloway said, ``Bet he missed.''

I don't know that I'd necessarily call this ``a gracous gesture.'' I was listening to the show as Galloway was setting this all up and he and the other people on the show were yukking it up pretty good at Quincy's expense. It came across more as an ``isn't this hilarious?'' gag than a sincere, caring gesture. I know Randy and like him a lot, but I think if he really wanted to help, it might have been better to bail Quincy out without making it a spectacle on his radio show.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Remarkably it wasn't intercepted

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I interviewed Quincy Carter three years ago, and I knew he was a baker. Never mind the lisp, the vapid/flighty responses or anything like that, I just know my stoners.

Draft saved Draft deleted