1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quidditch Gets the Boot from New Harry Potter Movie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Harry Potter fans are horrified after learning the boy wizard will not play the game of Quidditch in the latest movie. Upcoming installment Order of The Phoenix omits the Quidditch - where pupils at Potter’s Hogwarts school try to catch a winged ball - sequence contained in author JK Rowling’s book. Film producers decided to axe the sequence due to time constraints. A studio spokesman tells British newspaper The Sun, “It would be wonderful to include every single page of the book. But as with Harry Potter films, elements have had to be omitted.” However, the decision has left fans angry. On a Potter website, one disillusioned follower writes, “This makes me mad. I loved that part in the book and Quidditch plays a pretty big part.” source: WENN http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-09-03/#3

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I only saw the first Harry Potter movie and the Quidditch scene was the most excruciating part to watch. What a pointless and poorly done scene that was (the CG wasn't very convincing). Was there a Quidditch game in all the rest? If so, I can only ask what took them so long to be done with it.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Somehow, you know Victor Conte is involved.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I want to cover Quidditch.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Gee, Doofus_Background, you may be getting better. You're only a week late on this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted