1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quicky car question....alignment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 30, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Our beloved ' 94 Camry needs an alignment.

Any idea how much this will cost?

(I know I could google around and look but it's Friday night and I'm lazy)

Thanks in advance.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Most tire shops can do it for under $100. The breakdown is about $50 for the alignment, then another $35 o $40 for a tire rotation and balancing.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Should be $50 or $60. But don't forget you'll need new struts for $1,700.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Batman,
    You are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Thanks.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You, sir, are not. :)

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Glad to help.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Coming up to 300,000 kms on the beat. (That's about 180,00 miles for the foreigners) :)

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

JR, if there are Firestone locations in your corner of the world, check into their lifetime alignment deal if you're going to hang on to your current machine for at least a year or two more.

It costs about $130 US when I got it for my current vehicle more than four years ago - pricey, yes - but it also means you don't pay for another alignment on the vehicle for as long as you own it. So, for example, if you need 3-4 alignments over the time span for which you own your vehicle, you come out well ahead.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sam my man, thanks.

We do have Firestone and Green & Ross.

I was going to check with my mechanic first--I'd rather have him do it but he may just tell me, "Take it to them. They'll be cheaper".

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Anytime, JR.

I've bought the lifetime alignment for my last two machines. Had the first one four years and I'm sure I took it in for alignment at least four times. My current machine is 4.5 years old, and on top of the times when my vehicle has starting drifting, it paid off when I had no choice to climb a curb to avoid a swerving drunk driver after a crazy Friday desk shift.

If Firestone still offers it - and the reputations of the locations in your world aren't too ugly - look into it.

11. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Not funny. :(

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My reaction too, Walter. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted