1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Yankee Stadium question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 13, 2012.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not today. It's going to be nearing 100 the next couple days in DC. Brutal. I have tickets to Thursday's Nats-Rays game. Thankfully, they were free. Sitting in 100 degrees for 3+ hours or whatever it is isn't my idea of fun.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

100-degree temperatures brings back memories of watching the Phoenix Firebirds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Yes, that massive Reuben that Moddy put on FB was amazing.

I am sure there is a dog-and-beer going down today at The Big Ballpark In The Bronx.

rb

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How much did that monster of a Reuben cost? I would have trouble downing it and that's saying a lot.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

24.95. More than the Jet-Bow my son destroyed

Braves won two, so he is thrilled. We saw NINE home runs today. I don't know if I have ever been that hot.

Found calzones across from the stadium. Didn't have to spend inside. And we got a cool Hard Rock Cafe Yankee Stadium pin for going today

Tremendous trip. We will be back. Now it is off to Chicago

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When spending "only $24.95" for a sandwich outside stadium and making it a badge of honor to not spend money inside highlights how ill conceived the overall stadium plan has been.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're giving it too much thought. Sounds like Moddy just overpaid for his Reuben sandwich, unless it was meant to feed a family of four.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Perhaps but it is the general sentiment that you should eat before heading into stadium to save money.

To me best deal going at Stadium now is the Audi Club out in left field. Your $125 ticket comes with all you can eat buffet. View is not as good but value is.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Given the fact New York has more and better restaurant options at multiple price levels than any other city in the U.S., I cannot imagine why a fan would eat at Yankee Stadium unless it was traditional fare like a hot dog, peanuts, etc. with a beer or soda to wash it down. And one would be plenty.
    This hold true for just about every ballpark in the U.S., BTW.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

At Nats Park, they renovated the "Bullpen" or whatever it's called outside the stadium. Apparently, there's now a huge party deck with bands, games and food trucks. And while the beer is still pretty expensive ($6), it's cheaper than inside the park. Not sure about the food prices, but the food trucks around here are generally reasonable.

Once the weather dips below 104, I'll get out there and check it out. One problem with the new area...no shade. In previous years, they had a huge tent and outside tables with umbrellas.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If you want to share, it will cost you an extra $3.

Draft saved Draft deleted