1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick response halts repeat of Va. Tech shootings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 19, 2013.

1. 911 call by roommate and quick law enforcement response to prevented a mass shooting at University Central Florida.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/19/roommates-11-call-may-have-prevented-mass-murder-at-university-central-florida/

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Per the Orlando Sentinel story, UCF was trying to take a "compassionate" approach, which is why a 30-year-old loser who wasn't enrolled for spring semester classes was still living in a campus dorm in March.

Something tells me the next such student won't get nearly the same level of compassion.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You mean the roommate stopped him without shooting him?

4. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

You mean the guy was firing at students and was stopped without being shot?

Tell me, Dick, how many people on these boards have advocated shooting someone for "having" weapons and/or planning a mass shooting?

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ahem. The guy may not have shot anybody, but he did point a gun at his roommate.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This is my rifle, this is my gun;
    One is for fighting, one is for fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted