1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick parent rant

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MertWindu, Sep 9, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, I've started using that in player interviews with features. When a kid says "We're working really hard," I stop them and chide "Every team works hard, what's special about the way you do it?"
    They always laugh and usually say "you're right" or tell me what's so different...

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We've got one SEC school in our area, for goodness sakes, that often won't acknowledge the other neighboring SEC school in reporting on golf tourney or track results, for goodness sakes.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Pom moms are pretty freaky, too. In the screaming-maniac way. Two minutes at halftime and they think people are paying five bucks to see their mechanical Stepford-teen act. They look like the fem-bots in Austin Powers, with less-attractive clothes and, thankfully, without the carbines in their chests.

4. HejiraHenry

I have a bag of those in my car.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Come down here, where they have pom-poms, cheerleaders, dance girls and some other kinda hybrid I havent figured out...

And hejira? isn't that bag par for the course in your town?

6. HejiraHenry

Probably. Speaking of which, sort of, I'm getting phone-stalked by a college golf mom ... her son is at a D-I program down on the coast (that narrows it down) and he suuuuuuuuuucks. But, and she warned me right up front, "I'm a scrapbooker."

Sweet.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And Jimmy Jones shot 98-97-96 to finish dead last for the Fighting Insomnias...

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

That would be, "finished a strong 176th."

Put the Hater-Aid away there, Slapster.

9. HejiraHenry

Damn right.

10. We must work together, 'cause I think I talked to his wife.

I love that shit. The grandparents, who are the only folks in the area who care about said out-of-state event, want an article in the paper so they can show off to their friends.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Cheerleading: Is. Not. A. Sport.

:mad: :mad: ::) ::) :D

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You know that. I know that. Parents? They don't know that.

Draft saved Draft deleted