1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick observation at the Denver airport ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Oct 31, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Equate is all-encompassing for Walmart's generics... need to be more specific on what kind of sinus medicine...

Aand that's for that mental picture with that Monkey thing....

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Since this thread got dredged back up, I'll report that I didn't have a repeat episode on my flight home, though I was totally obsessed/paranoid that I would.

On the final leg of my flight, I downed an entire bottle of water during the descent, the swallowing helps equalize pressure. The thing is, to get the desired effect, it has to be a "violent" swallow, so I was throwing my head back, kind of like downing a shot, everytime I took a drink. I'm sure the chick in the nearest seat thought I was a loon.

Still, I will be avoiding any flights, when I can, for the near future.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

was she hot? Will she be on my flight tomorrow to Minneapolis?

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not really, and if she is, be prepared to watch a dopey Michelle Pfeiffer movie on her laptop.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Fixed for unnecessary verbiage.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Columbia SC is kind of unsung as far as it's fountain goes.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Columbia SC also has free wireless and nice rocking chairs.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Indeed they do .

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it's far away, but it was put out there because it's away from the mountains and is prone to a lot less snow than in the city and certainly the foothills when we get upslope storms. Also, when it was built, there was nothing out there. Hell, there still isn't. And that helps with the noise problem. Of course, it doesn't help with the $40 cab for out-of-towners.

Draft saved Draft deleted