1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick note - BTLJ citation was 100% accurate as originally stated

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, May 29, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not one single link that says you were an alumni of the law journal. The alumni link conveniently says a list will be posted someday.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Just in case:

[​IMG]

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Was JDV's 12-hour "time away from SportsJournalists.com" worse than Write-Brained's "I left then announced my return with a separate thread?"

Can I get a ruling?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have a neighbor with a three-year old son.

Yesterday, the lad originally stated, "Poop is brown" which is 100% accurate.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Even that short reply indicates that far too much thought was given to this subject.

John, it's a good thing that you go away for awhile.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's close, but JDV edges Write-Brained by a nose at the wire...[/Tom Durkin]

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It's really not accurate. Some poop is green, some yellow, and some brown. I only know because I taught preschool and had to change some of the nastiest diapers anyone (other than a parent) has probably ever seen.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

We REALLY could have done without a breakdown of the 3-year-old's thesis there.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Quick my ass.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Sorry, BYH. :)

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Mortally wounded by overwhelming flak, JDV hits the silk.

[​IMG]

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Recent Scandals:

Bausch & Lomb CEO Ronald Zarella lied about having an MBA for ten years. When the lie was revealed in 2002, Zarella lied again but the company kept him on.

Kenneth Lonchar was CFO of Veritas Software, a successful Silicon Valley firm -- until it was discovered in 2002 that he had lied about both his Stanford MBA and his undergraduate education.

Jeffrey Papows was chairman of Lotus, a $1.4 billion subsidiary of IBM. Then it turned out that he compulsively made up facts about his life, including a Ph.D and a black belt.

Quincy Troupe, former California poet laureate, was well-respected within the California artist and academic community -- until his lies about his college background were exposed.

Sandra Baldwin, president of the United States Olympic Committee, resigned after it was revealed that she had lied about having a Ph.D in English from Arizona State University.

George O'Leary was forced to resign five days after being hired as Notre Dame's head football coach due to lies in his resume regarding his education at NYU and his football playing history.

Joseph Ellis was one of Mount Holyoke's most popular professors, teaching classes about his experiences in Vietnam. Only one problem -- he's never been to Vietnam.

In 1996, Military hero David Hackworth unmasked the lies of top Navy admiral Jeremy Boorda, who grossly misrepresented his military decorations. Boorda committed suicide. A year later, Hackworth admitted some lies about his own military record.

In 2007, it was revealed on SportsJournalists.com that John D. Villarreal lied about pulling provably, demonstrably hot chicks and about being the star of the law school football team (but he told the truth about being Mark McGwire's Mensa coach, hosting 60 Minutes when he was in the fifth grade and being the dean of Berkeley's law school).

Draft saved Draft deleted