1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Help - this is my Google

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Actually been using the real Google and I can't find it and I've looked elsewhere and I'm in a bit of a rush with some other things.
    Anyway, someone in this fine community is bound to know and the winner gets a beer on me.

Some years ago, someone did a book in the Big 10 or Big 12 or something where they spent a week at each school during football season and made a chapter out of it. State of the program, atmosphere, what's to do in the town, etc. A year in the life of the league kind of thing.

Someone? Anyone?

Thanks.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Moddy ... is this what you're looking for?
    http://www.amazon.com/Dixieland-Delight-Football-Southeastern-Conference/dp/0061431249/

Here's a similar one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rammer-Jammer-Yellow-Hammer-Heart/dp/0609807137/

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Very similar. The first one is where the dude follows Tennessee. The one I'm looking for, the author spent one week at each school.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Should be this one: http://www.amazon.com/Every-Week-Season-Big-Time-Football/dp/0345483375

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I have this book in my lap as I type right now. If you need me to look something up, let me know.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Damn, Ducky wants that beer.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Big Ten Country — A Journey Through One Football Season, written by Bob Wood. He also wrote Dodger Dogs to Fenway Franks.

8. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

damn, you beat me to it. I actually have a hard copy of this book. I think it picked it up at a book sale some years back.

9. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Moddy owes me a beer.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Beat me to it... I'm looking at it on the shelf now.

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

John Henderson of the Denver Post did a series of stories in the Big 12 where he attended a game at each venue in the opposing team's colors. Said he was treated worst at Colorado, best at Nebraska. He could have (and should have, the guy is so good) expanded it to a book but I'm not sure he did.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Outing alert -- JD is Chris Cooley.

Draft saved Draft deleted