1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

questions for the world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 15, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Why do grocery stores stock the non-fat yogurt on the top shelf? Isn't it more likely to be bought by women and don't we tend to be shorter? Are all dairy managers at grocery store men?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Because it's less profitable than the stuff on the center shelves but more profitable than the stuff on the bottom shelves.

3. sportschick

Fuck them. If they're not gonna give me a goddamn ladder to buy my yogurt, I'm not shopping at that place anymore.

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Stilts, SC, stilts. ;D

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What are four-inch heels?

6. sportschick

I was wearing 4-inch heels. I still couldn't reach and those are as close to stilts as my unathletic self gets.

Also, the flavors I liked were all pushed to back. There were a lot fewer of those non-fat yogurts on the shelf because they'd been bought than the stuff I could reach.

Screw them. I'll shop at Wal-Mart. They might treat their employees like crap, but at least they put the yogurt where I can reach.

7. sportschick

;D

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I was just thinking to myself, "I have questions, and I'd like to ask them of the sj gang, but I don't want to start a questions thread."

It's like I'm magic or something.

Anyhow, I have business questions, I think. They're not so much questions as an entire lack of knowledge, and I'm befuddled.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

And what's the deal with airline food?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

When I walk into a gift shop, they don't give me my gift. What's wrong with this picture?

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Being roughly 6-5, I am asked at least once a shopping trip by a female to grab something for them on a high shelf. Usually it's little old ladies, though.

SC, perhaps I should start hanging out at your store. Which one is it?

Draft saved Draft deleted