1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for Journalists ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by goodgame, Sep 8, 2008.

1. goodgame

goodgame New Member

Hi,

I currently work in IT for a professional sports organization. I am looking for feedback on a possible software idea I have.

I am considering the creation of software that would help you book/track interviews between you and media relation departments of sports organizations online. This would be a gateway for you to contact all registered sports organizations as well as other journalists/reports within the network.

1. Would you benefit from software that tracks interviews for you? (Status, times, locations, etc)
    2. What do you currently use to track your interviews? (CRM's, spreadsheets, system similar to described,etc)
    3. Would you benefit from a network system that has current contacts of media relations for any pro sports organization and media contacts?
    4. Would you benefit from a system you can directly message media relations contacts?
    5. Do you know of any softwares that work like this?

I would sincerely appreciate any feedback, thank you so much!!!!

Ray

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ray,

I don't think "booking" or "tracking" interviews is a common practice for most journalists. So I don't know if there is a need for this type of software. Others may disagree.

As far as a system that lists current media relations information for pro teams, those sites already exist for most major sports. Examples include mlbpressbox.com, nascarmedia.com, nflmedia.com, etc. I don't see a need for another network with this type of information that is already readily available.

3. jps

jps Active Member

ditto

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got one. Thanks.

5. I hate to pile on, but these guys are right.
    It all seems extremely superfluous to me.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I was just trying to be a smartass. Just couldn't pass it up.

7. goodgame

goodgame New Member

thanks all, I sincerely appreciate the feedback ... i created an interview tracker for our media department and just wanted to see if there was a market for it for others. thanks again ... looks like you have saved me A LOT of time!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted