1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about Radomski's affidavit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Apr 30, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The Chronicle appear to have circled its wagons on this issue. Apparently, most of the leakers (including Ellerman) have told the newspaper that they're leaking because it's so very important to get the names of those awful athletes out in the public as a way of setting an example for the children. So that has become its mission. Of course, the chances of there being sufficient evidence to indict (no less convict) any of the athletes is pretty slim so the Chronicle feels compelled to prosecute the case itself in a court with much lower standards of conviction -- that of public opinion, a place where a redacted name on an affidavit can be presumed guilty.

2. creamora

creamora Member

I find it interesting that the Chronicle continues to provide information from the grand jury transcripts. Such as the the number (23) of players identified by Radomski. Wonder who's leaking this grand jury information to Faiinaru-Wada and Williams? It's certainly not Ellerman. Any ideas which side the leak came from? Who's agenda might this serve? .Maybe "secret" grand juries are becoming a thing of the past.

3. Baba_Booey

Baba_Booey Member

That's not from the grand jury testimony. It's in the affadavit. There are 23 checks from MLB-associated people in the affadavit.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

C'mon Baba, stop confusing our board steroid dealer, Mr. Cream or Clear, with the facts

5. creamora

creamora Member

The subtitle of the Chronicle says,"grand jury transcripts." Go read it. It doesn't say affidavit. The transcripts seem to be a Chronicle specialty. It looks like the pimps have got the two little whores back on the streets again.

6. cranberry

Creamora, that appears to be a mistake by whoever wrote the headlines -- not a new leak. Also, the pimps-and-whores analogy is a bit played out, OK? We know you're angry, but nobody is going to take you seriously if you keep it up.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

How long before players' names associated with this guy start leaking out? I haven't heard anyone specific yet

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think that ship has sailed.

9. cranberry

Too bad. He's got some insight to offer but its hidden by the bitterness.

10. creamora

creamora Member

More about Radomski and his BALCO connection below.

BALCO head says didn't know Mets steroid dealer
    By Adam Tanner
    SAN FRANCISCO, May 2 (Reuters) - The head of the BALCO lab at the center of a sports doping scandal said on Wednesday that he never had any contacts with a former New York Mets bat boy who last week admitted to selling steroids to dozens of Major League Baseball players.
    Victor Conte spoke after a U.S. federal judge issued an order on Wednesday linking his case to the one against Kirk Radomski, 37, who worked as an equipment manager and clubhouse assistant for the Mets from 1985 to 1995.
    Last Friday, Radomski admitted in a plea agreement to selling banned drugs including anabolic steroids, amphetamines and human growth hormone from 1995 through 2005.
    "Before I read the recent stories about Kirk Radomski in the news, I had never even heard his name," Conte told Reuters.
    "I have no clue how this person could possibly be linked to me in any way. It makes no sense. From what I have read, one of the baseball players associated with BALCO, and I have no idea which one, has some kind of link with Radomski.
    "In short, I don't know this person and have never had any dealings or contact with him whatsoever."

11. creamora

creamora Member

Cranberry,

The insight I have into the story has absolutely nothing to do with the credibility I may or may not have here. I have posted many truths here and the story if far from over. This much I do know. There are many sports journalits who wouldn't know the truth regarding certain aspects of the case if it bit them on the ass.

12. creamora

creamora Member

cranberry,

I forgot to mention that it's my opinion that you are one of the most astute and savvy posters on this board and I do appreciate your feedback.

Draft saved Draft deleted