1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questionable Super Bowl audio

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by clutchcargo, Feb 1, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ear of the beholder, maybe.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Very true.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, it's just you.

4. micke77

micke77 Member

didn't notice it, but i did thought Madden was much lower key than usual. did anybody else think that about him?
    i'd give NBC low grades on this one overall. sideline reporting, in particular.

5. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Same here, although I really did enjoy the Boss. I wish they had let him do an encore.

6. micke77

micke77 Member

okay, someone out there, give me the name of the lady who was doing the NBC reporting from the Cards' sideline.
    was this her first gig?
    really, really weak I thought.

7. WoodyWommack

WoodyWommack Member

Alex Flanagan.

8. micke77

micke77 Member

thanks. I didn't think she offered much. i almost felt bad for her at times because she seemed to be pressing and uncomfortable. maybe it was just me.

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

The first time I remember seeing Flanagan on pregame she seemed really subdued and meandering about something---I wasn't paying close attention, obviously, but it's like someone needed to take her pulse.

10. micke77

micke77 Member

Clutchcargo...that's similar to the way I thought she acted yesterday. it was like she didn't have a pulse at times, near comatose...weird.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It could be nerves - I don't remember her ever having a gig as high-profile as the Super Bowl. She's been fine when I've seen her in the past, but it's always been at events that were much, much smaller.

Not a fan of Michaels/Madden. They just seem to miss stuff far too often. For example, they routinely have no idea who recovered a fumble even after the ref has signaled possession. I start wondering if they're even paying attention.

12. dargan

dargan Active Member

Totally agree on Michaels/Madden.

Draft saved Draft deleted