1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Mar 26, 2009.

1. 31fan

31fan New Member

Former editor and longtime lurker who was motivated to sign up for SportsJournalists.com by this thread ...

it should also be "the screen looked blurry ...", if we're trying to be correct. It wasn't really blurry.

On my first night of work as a copy editor at a large daily, when I was 22 years old, I misspelled the name of a subject in a cutline, even though the fact that the person's name was frequently misspelled was a subject of the accompanying story. The writer, a veteran columnist, chastised me on our department message board. Ultimately I turned out to be a pretty decent editor, I think. As has been said already, nobody's perfect, we're trying our best, and it's good to keep a little perspective.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Screens are female and can type?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The "then" is giving me all kinds of problems. I keep waiting to find out what changed to make the screen less blurry.

"The screen was blurry as she typed, but then, someone came along and cleaned it.

Draft saved Draft deleted