1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

QUESTION!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I love puppies!, Apr 25, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I was always solo.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My rides at 2:48 in the a.m. to Chiahuita were solo ...

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

That rule eliminates all the women I know. I need to get out more.

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Last night was definitely weird.

She's a sophomore also, and last week finally ended a four-and-a-half year relationship with the guy she had been dating since sophomore year of high school. He goes to the UC down the interstate, which is pretty much the only reason she is where she is for school anyway. After many, many breaks and a lot of turmoil, she finally decided he has been too emotionally abusive for too long and it's done for good.

We lived next door to each other (and my roommate there coincidentally went to high school with her) in the dorms last year. She had been very taken since the first day I met her, so she was always off-limits. We became amazingly close. I think I'm closer with her than any other female, which is why I've been kinda thrown off since her breakup. We went from hanging out two or three nights a week to texting all day, several calls and hanging out a few different times on each of the last four or five days. She lives in my apartment complex and has come over every night recently.

Attraction is definitely not the issue, OutofPlace. She's way far out of my league, captain of her cheerleading team in high school, one of the movers and shakers in her sorority, etc.

Last night, she was telling me about the breakup. She said she didn't realize how suffocated she was and how much she hated not having dated any other guys since early in high school. Apparently I either didn't pick up on it at the time or was too worried to act on it, because then she went into this whole thing about wanting to have a fuck buddy with absolutely no emotions and no commitment. Dream words to most dudes, but I just sat on my couch and nodded my head.

I might kinda feel like I was getting in the sack with my sister, but I'm still pretty confused about what to do.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll pull a line from someone here (but I can't remember who): Bone it like you own it.

I think that came from the boots thread. But maybe the Tron thread.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ok...now I understand better. Been there. Badly handled that. Decide what you want and do it, period. Don't try to be a nice guy, because if she's in that mood, she'll just fuck somebody else anyway. Trust me. I know from very unpleasant experience. And I absolutely regret not taking full advantage of the fuck buddy priviledges.

Draft saved Draft deleted