1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question: Is Fergie's "London Bridge" the worst popular song ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Aug 17, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Except for Bridge Over Trouble Water and Under the Bridge, I haven't heard a single song mentioned in this thread.

2. I haven't heard this song, and I hope I never do. I can't believe this woman has a SOLO album, considering nothing she's done with the Black Eyed Peas would suggest she has the chops to go solo. She might have been better off singing the nursery-rhyme "London Bridge" rather than what sounds like a real piece of crap.

Maybe this makes me sound like an old man, but is there ANY new music that's A) popular and B) worth listening to? I find myself thinking songs like "She Blinded Me With Science" and "Come On, Eileen" sound like stuff from "Abbey Road" and "Dark Side of the Moon" compared to some of the more contemporary shit.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Maybe Fergie would like Harrison Ford.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but since the Great Crash of August 2006, I decided to listen to "Stars Are Blind" to compare it to "London Bridge." Research, you know. You ought to be thorough when bashing something.

Upon hearing Paris Hilton's foray into music ... I'm sorry, but anyone who puts that song above Fergie is crazy. I just can't buy one line from that song, I can't close my eyes and believe she's that person. There's no conviction. "London Bridge" might not be the best song, but it trumps Paris. Easily. I would take Clubber Slang's impromptu graphic from his previous post and swap the two with no hesitation.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here I go after my book again ...

The biggest No. 1 cock block was when Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" kept Foreigner's "Waiting For A Girl Like You" at No. 2 for 10 weeks in 1981-82.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bat, but Physical inspired the great halftime show during a Simpsons episode with Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man grinding against each other. Quality.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Perhaps. But you can and do kill hookers and firebomb dance clubs in GTA: Vice City with Foreigner playing in your stolen car. Advantage -- Foreigner.

8. bd11

bd11 Member

to answer the question originally posed, yes.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sadly, Meat, whenever I hear REO Speedwagon's "Keep on Loving You," all I can think about is the Phnom Penh '86 mission in Vice City and blowing people's heads off with an automatic weapon from a helicopter. :D

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Am I the only one who thinks Fergie looks a lot like Kristen Johnson, the tall, leggy blonde from Third Rock from the Sun?

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't see it.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I thought she looks like a poor man's Kirstie Alley.

FYI, they used to play Hollaback Girl on repeat in our local farm team's clubhouse.

Draft saved Draft deleted