1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question: Is Fergie's "London Bridge" the worst popular song ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Aug 17, 2006.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

She's the homeless man's Gwen Stefani...

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I heard this song on the radio last week. I was angry when I turned the station.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

That homeless man is also a heroin user hooked on crystal meth.

[​IMG]

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I was always astonished to hear that song on the radio. The other verses are equally offensive. I was surprised stations weren't subject to an FCC fine of some sort for it.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I haven't heard it either. And I am glad.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I believe you're on crack. I refuse to listen to listen to Paris Hilton's song once, just because she's an attention whore. Fergie's song might not be great, it might be her attempt to replicate "Hollaback Girl," but it's got to be better than anything Hilton came up with.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No. It's not. Really. I would urge you to go listen to it just to prove my point, but I don't want to feel responsible for your nightmares.

This song is the musical equivelent of herpes, and Fergie is like Ron Mexico, infecting anyone and everyone in her path with zero regard for their well-being. It honestly makes me want to punch someone in the face.

8. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

I haven't heard this song and I clearly don't need or want to. However, we have to measure sucky songs like we do baseball players - by judging them against the others in their time frame. As noted, "My Humps" is incredibly awful, as are many current hits. Is this song so much worse than the rest of those to be truly Hall of Shame material?

My personal pick for worst ever is David Lee Roth's "Hot Dog and a Shake". Dave had talent at the time, Fergie never has.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I can't explain how much worse this song is than "My Humps." I hated that song a great deal, but it's no competition.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My favorite Fergie story is when she peed in her pants during a performance.

I thought, "Well maybe it's just sweat."

But no, she said she'd gotten drunk before she took the stage and didn't even realize she'd peed in her pants.

When the photo was widely circulated, I thought that would be the end of it for her -- even the teenaged girls would think her gross.

But no -- she comes out with a solo album that will probably go platinum.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That's not worse.

The Fergie song couldn't be any worse if George Bush sang it while wearing Condi's knee-high leather boots.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm not posting the pic, but here ya go. Just icky!

http://www.y101hits.com/articles/images/fergie_pee.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted