1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for you

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Since you're basically saying what I just said, except in a irritating, condescending tone, I guess we'll just have to disagree to agree, huh?

(Great, another newbie know-it-all)

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Having the SE cover the county fair is bad enough to make a mad dash for the jobs board. The rest is just plain shitty and wreaks of ad-driven tab madness. Oh, and most importantly, I hope your wife is okay.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

1, The tone is not irritating or condescending tone.
    2, I'm not a newbie.
    3, I'm not an idiot.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It says newbie right there under your name, Squirt.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I believe my previous post answered his comment. Not to start anything but I noticed that you have a way of commenting just to get a rise out of people. That's cool. It's not what I'm about which is shy I won't address your calling me "Squirt."

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's just a pet name, Drop.

Now how do you prove you're not an idiot?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

I guess you need a hug or something.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trust but verify. Basic journalism, puddles.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

You wait three hours to post nonsense and call me another name? Why?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Enough. Move on or this gets locked.

11. WS

WS Member

Reminds me of a time I was in college, and my school hosted some Division I championships, and won it. Our writer in that sport, who did pretty well at it, all the sudden disappeared without sending in the gamer or sidebar. She was nowhere to be found.

Come to find out she had gone several hours north to visit her mother, who had fallen sick, but hadn't told any one. No one faulted her for going, but you make the call to the sports editor ahead of time, or get someone to do it for you.

I'll never forget the SE (this was our college paper, a 4-day a week) that Sunday during the meeting.

"Our school just won a national championship right down the street, and we've got to run wire on it."

Draft saved Draft deleted