1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for the girls

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

All I know about hair coloring is, if you shave your pubic hair into a little square and dye it blue, that's called a Tiffany Box.

And yes, it was like humping a Smurf.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fast spellcheck there, Jonesy, I didn't even get a chance to quote it. :D

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That little blue box is nothing compared to the interlocking NY, lemme tell ya.

I was all ready at 40 to start coloring....still no gray. Well, there's one, but I just pull it. I must eat something good, very lucky. Seems like once you start coloring, you never stop.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

Given the girl in question, it was pretty public hair, too.

NY? Awesome. You could pretend it was Derek Jeter's mouth.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

good luck to you...

[​IMG]

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Never got blue. Did get my hockey number for State my senior year.

7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

slapster, that made me laugh. ;D

sc, For a treat, I use the Phyto line of shampoos every few times I wash my hair. It's expensive as shit. I order it off drugstore.com with my drugstore bucks! Yipee! I like the one with jojoba oil.

[​IMG]

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

As someone who has basically been coloring her hair since college (all over, highlights, lowlights, the whole shebang), have fun with it.

If he gets what you're going for, you'll be much more relaxed.

Bingo on the conditioning of the face and neck skin. Important. If they did a patch test, you should be fine.

I've always had highlights that were in the same shade as my hair, so I could use the color-based shampoos/conditioners (like right now, for reds) so I don't know what to recommend for your hair with red highlights. Ask the colorist...he'll push whatever their salon-brand is there at the shop, but you can try it.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Every six to eight weeks ... can't put it much better than the others have put it, especially Cadet. (Good advice on the reds!)

This time around, I picked up a Matrix Color Smart set of shampoo and conditioner and I find the highlights are lasting longer than usual. Paul Mitchell also makes some good stuff but be ready for sticker shock. This isn't your $4 stuff from Wal-Mart.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And I never know what colour it's going to be. :)

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Keeps the surprise in the relationship, no?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I had my gf do it for me a while ago. The chemical does burn a little, at least it does for me, but nothing too painful.

Mine usually washes out after about 6-8 weeks, and that's using my normal shampoo and conditioner.

Draft saved Draft deleted