1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for sj.com ladies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 8, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As someone who rejoiced two days ago when it got up to 45 degrees here, I fail to see the correlation between 57 degrees and freezing.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Something like
    ? (safe for work)

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That is one of my alltime favorite songs related to the shoes issue, as long as I don't picture Joe Cocker singing it.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The woman above me wears lead shoes. I've never said anything. It doesn't bother me that much actually, most of the time. I'm not a woman, and somehow I don't think high heels would look that good on me, but for what it's worth, I take off my shoes as soon as I walk in the door and switch to a pair of slippers that sit by the door waiting. Makes for a cleaner place.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Me, too, or I go barefoot.
    I hope I'm never that person who goes out of their way to annoy others. (The neighbor across the way refused to let anyone in to fix her toilet, after it had been broken THREE MONTHS; the leaks destroyed three floors of apartments below her and have caused all sorts of lawsuits. We still don't know where she was going to the bathroom for all those months. But I Digress.)

shockey, add some chocolates to those slippers and pedicure. :) :) :) :)

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Damn, "I Digress" is about to surpass "Dooley noted," me note with sadness.

7. lono

lono Active Member

Newsletter. Subscribed.

8. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you made it into the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/08/sports/baseball/08seat.html?_r=1&em
    On Select-a-Seat weekend — nine hours with eager pinstriped salesfolk, but we can always hope Joe Pepitone or Dooley Womack will show up — my question would be: will the so-called “greatest seats in the world” get the A-Rod torn-labrum discount?

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

outstanding tips. thanks. i'll get on it asap. ;D ;D ;D

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Bite me.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Take that, Jim Bouton!

12. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Seconded.