1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for sj.com ladies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I live in Kentucky. Shoes are not allowed, indoors or out. :p

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Mrs Shockey let me explain something to you. Whenever you come in here clicking your heels and interrupt me, you're breaking my concentration. You're distracting me. And it will then take me time to get back to where I was. You understand?
    Yeah".

3. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Hahahaha ... stiletto to the temple.

Good thing you know lots about women.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

my sister-in-law advises me to back off the complaints lest i don't plan to live much longer.

she's both beautiful and insane, too. ::) ::) ::)

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm gonna side with your SIL on this one.

Your wife is not wearing particular shoes to spite you. Or if she is, it's because you have driven her nuts regarding the topic and she is fed up. But I'm going with the former on this one.

We have tile floors downstairs. I go barefoot unless it's cold, then I wear slippers so my toes don't turn blue.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Cold? Like when it drops to 50 degrees twice in December?

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

oh, she is wise way beyond me when it comes to getting inside mrs. shockey's head. just trying to understand why something so simple has yet to be corrected. truly, mrs. shockey lets me know something i do bothers her -- and that's a loooong list, believe me -- i do my darndest to fix asap.

guess that's my main point. why should this be an on-going issue at all? ??? ??? ???

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yes. Like, for instance, now. It's 57 degrees outside. I consider that freezing.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The key is to leave on the heels, but take off all the clothes.

Very few complaints.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't think I want to see shockey in that state. :D

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'd second that.

12. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

shockey,
    My first reaction was she's being passive-aggressive and doing this because she knows it bothers you. Unless she really hates looking at her feet, maybe, but otherwise it seems like it would be pretty uncomfortable wearing shoes around the house all day. It's bad for the floors, too.
    Living in NYC, we don't have a choice. It's some sort of apartment law that a certain amount of the floors must be covered, and if you walk around with shoes for very long, you're going to hear it from the neighbors. Seems like someone who ignores a neighbor's request (or a spouse's request) is intentionally trying to annoy.

Why not buy her a nice pair of slippers and wrap them with a gift certificate for a pedicure as a compromise? :) ;) :) ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted