1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question for sj.com ladies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Mar 8, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

what form of footwear do you prefer on weekends/days off?

we have wood floors throughout the house. no carpet. i wear no footwear at all for physical reasons. mrs. shockey seems to like any kind of shoes to sneakers. i know this because we can hear her clacking from yards away. can even gauge her mood by the tempo of clacks.

make. me. nuts. like in "the devil wears prada," where anne hathaway refers to the women at her mag as "clackers."

dunno why, but the sound puts knots in my stomach. and i always thought women couldn't wait to get out of their shoes to replace them with something, you know, comfortable.

was i wrong? or is the mrs. trying to drive me up a wall with the clacking?

i bow to your shoe expertise, ladies. sportschick? especially you, gf.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Day-off footwear: Adidas Spezials (blue suede), Uggs or flip flops. It all depends on the weather.

As for the hardwoods, I either go with soft-soled shoes (to help preserve the integrity of hardwoods) or rely on a few well-placed area rugs to help the "clacker" problem.

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

In the house, it's typically barefoot for me. Or one of 8 pairs of sneakers. Or flip-flops.

But I don't wear heels around the house.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Around the house? Socks or slippers. After spending 40 hours a week in work boots, I normally ditch my footwear of choice within minutes of walking in my front door.

Of course, I haven't worn heels in years, so I'm probably not in your targeted demographic ...

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i appreciate the input. much thanks.

so is my lovely wife (understandably) nuts. ??? ??? ???

6. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I was raised in a house where no footwear was permissible past the back entrance. Thus, no shoes indoors whatsoever.

And as a person who lives in a basement suite, beneath a main floor that is constructed solely with hardwood, I wish more people had been raised in the fashion of my mother's.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I wear whatever heels I've been wearing all day or go barefoot.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Socks or barefoot.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I take my shoes off before I hit the carpet, and put on my pink, sequined slippers, which fucking rule.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn't know they made slippers with a 15-inch heel.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Pardon my vulgarity, but

A-mother-fucking-men.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Do they make them in size 15? You know how I do with pink clothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted