1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Mac experts...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... so, I've got an old G3 Powerbook (Pismo) that I never realized had AirPort software -- never really had a need for it, etc., etc., etc. My Pismo is a tough mofo, will last years longer (or at least until some of the Apple laptop prices get nearer to my financial ballpark). Now, I'm comtemplating getting a AP card, but here's my question. With card and software, I can access wifi networks, correct? Or does AP only work with AP-based networks? I'm a total neophyte when it comes to wifi access, so pardon what is probably a really stupid question.

Anyone?

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Go to Everymac.com and make sure your laptop has a slot under the keyboard for the wifi airport card ... I think some of the os's automatically include the airport software. If it does take a wifi card, yes you'll be able to get online but it may be slow because the wifi speed possible on the laptop's a couple generations old.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gracias, Pooch.

Draft saved Draft deleted