1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for iPhone users

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 6, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My phone has been doing some weird shit lately.

When I'm trying to type a text message, the screen will repeatedly scroll up and down and type letters that I haven't typed. After it stops, it won't let me the type the letters I'm touching. Example: It'll type an E when I'm trying to type a W. And the caps button will turn on without me touching it.

When I go back to the home screen, I'll hit the message button but YouTube -- which is right under the messages button -- will launch instead. Anyone ever had this issue and know how it can be fixed? Or is my phone screwed?

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Did you download the ouija board app? :)

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Don't worry, I have this new miracle phone that will solve all your troubles. I've sold it to a bunch of my friends and it's changed their lives. You can sell it yourself and make money by the boatloads like I have. Contact me if you want some more details.

4. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Giggle.

5. KYSportsWriter

I bet you guys are having a lot of fun with that one over there.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Did you touch the phone with wet hands? That might have something to do with it. Otherwise, reset it and try again.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Weird. I'd try restarting the phone or even just closing out the messenger app and start it back up.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Are you charging it while all this is going on? When I have mine plugged in at home and try to use the touch screen, my phone acts all scatterbrained.

9. KYSportsWriter

I haven't touched it with wet hands, and it hasn't been plugged in while it's going on. I turn it off and turn it back on, and it's fine. But then it does it again.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Reinstall your software. Easy enough to do.

11. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

This... I had some weird stuff going on with mine, I synced it, then ran a full restore, has been fine since. Just make sure you sync it first, it sucks having to go back and reload all the apps.

Draft saved Draft deleted