1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for everyone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

I love telling the stories behind stories. Don't mind when people ask at all.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My favorite interview ever was Jars of Clay in college. Great bunch of guys. I was expecting to be preached at (they are a Christian band), but they were totally not like that. They came off as intelligent and well-spoken. Gave me great quotes about being in the mighty hamlet that is Terre Haute.

This year, I interviewed a local cowboy who made the second go-round for the first time at a PBR event (mind you I'm really a desker these days, so I don't do interviews much). He was so enthusiastic about placing that the interview put me in a good mood for a coupla days.

3. ScooterP

ScooterP New Member

i get this a lot too but because I watch famous people's kids play ball. I entertain the question.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

not this year, but several years back, i interviewed an up-and-coming sports journalist. after 15 packets of nodoz, an 8-ball of coke, a gram and a half of crystal meth, every microtape the city had to offer and 72 hours later, the interview was complete. rather simple, actually, i only asked one question: "can you tell me about yourself?" never met a human being more comfortable talking about himself ... if i remember right, his last name was whitlock.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This year, no one really -- other than a few athletes now starting in colleges at various sports...

Last year, it was Squiggy.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

When I talked to Marty Brodeur, he was all kinds of cool.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

This year? Missouri Valley Conference commissioner Doug Elgin.

What was supposed to be a 10-minute conversation turned into 30 minutes. Great interview, great quotes, and at the end he gave me his cell number and said to call him any time I had questions.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Come on, people. Everyone has not answered this question yet.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I find a semi-dull object, nick a vein and begin to bleed out.
    Usually changes the subject.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

To answer Palmetto's question (and get this thread back on track) .... Mack Brown.

11. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Randy Moss, Frank Rodriguez, Rasheed Wallace.

12. coolest from last year (2006):
    Phil Hellmuth... complete asshole on the world series of poker tour, actually a nice guy during the interview

Steve Spurrier... you never know what he will say next

Weirdest from last year:
    Adam Morrison... stared at the floor the entire time with a can of dip in his mouth

Stephen Jackson...I was afraid he'd shoot the place up

My wife's cousins almost shit themselves when I threw out the likes of Desmond Tutu, Pete Rose, Bill Clinton, Denny Crum, Tim Duncan, Adam Morrison, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Jermaine O'Neal, Steven Smith, Coach K at Duke, Lou Holtz, guys like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted