1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Canuckistani music fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RickStain, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Indeed, he's a tremendous writer. In sticking with the theme of this thread, his On A Cold Road is a terrific look at Canuckistani rock from the late-70s to mid-80s.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Sloan rules.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Another classic from that awesome summer of 1984. These guys shoulda been huge.

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

These boys are my homies:

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What, no Barenaked Ladies? I've been a fan for almost 20 years.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Great song. :)

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My fave song these days. Sounded great blasting out of the speakers during the Jays' pre-game yesterday.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

They're playing the Coca-Cola stage at Stampede. I think I may break covenant and hit the grounds.

9. Canadia residents: Anyone into Plants and Animals? I fucking love these guys. Parc Avenue is a great album and I saw them in DC early this year. These guys are going to blow up HUGE sooner than later. Montreal band, totally reminds me of the Arcade Fire in their minute details. Favorite songs include Bye Bye Bye, Good Friend, Mercy, Feedback, the french titled song, the whole fucking album.

Can't wait to see these guys again. A-fucking-plus.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Oh, my, isn't *that* ironic? I'll bet she'd rather keep that one under wraps.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Definitely worth seeing -- I was at the concert in Edmonton they used for their live album (also used shows in Montreal and I think Calgary).

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

She was only 16 or 17 then.

I loved that song and "Feel Your Love" from her first album. Matt LeBlanc played her boyfriend in one of her first videos too, as I recall; I think it was "Walk Away."

Draft saved Draft deleted