1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Canuckistani music fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RickStain, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think so, probably still packing them in on college campuses across the country. They appear in a commercial for some product or service that escapes me now.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

This kind of post tells me you need a Kickaxe to the head. It is Weakerthan than the Shuffle Demons gooned up on April Wine.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

JJ is a Killer Dwarf.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I liked their first 2 albums.....they never got any airplay down here either.

What about Anvil!!!??? Has anyone seen that documentary?

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Rene Simard trumps all.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The ad is for Newfoundland, I think. :D

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's it, ta.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Do they play a rock version of "Epiphany"?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Speaking of the Rheostatics, Dave Bidini will be launching his first solo album tomorrow (Saturday) with a series of events, ending up at, where else, the Horseshoe Tavern.

http://torontoist.com/2009/06/we_can_march_if_we_want_to.php

After twenty-seven prolific years of defining quirky Canadiana with defunct hometown heroes the Rheostatics, Dave Bidini will be celebrating the release of his first solo album at the Horseshoe Tavern this Saturday, June 6. Not content with convention, however, he will also be celebrating in record stores, book stores, music stores, and right out in the streets earlier that evening, with guest musicians, authors, and comedians joining him along the way. Saturdays rarely look so musical (and literate and hilarious).

Bidini is also one helluva writer. His "Tropic of Hockey" is in my top ten sports books

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Just opened to good reviews in Houston -- here's a Q&A with two of the members:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2009/05/mostly_metal_the_mighty_anvil.php

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Juliette wipes her ass with Rene Simard.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

;)

The Ugly Duckings kicked ass!! "Nothin'" and "Gaslight" were both tremendous records, easily as good as anything on the Billboard charts at the time, 1966-67. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted