1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Canuckistani music fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RickStain, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

A sentence never uttered in America: "Don't get your hopes up for seeing Our Lady Peace, hon."

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Short of "hon," that's pretty much word for word what I said to her last night. I'm more of a 'babe' kind of guy. :)

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I've seen them several times, and they're a lot of fun live. Once, they did an hourlong set/CD signing thing at an FYE in my local mall because a DJ at the local rock station is friends with the band. That was pretty cool. Not nearly as cool was the time I went to see them downtown and had my car broken into during the show. Thankfully, I think the only things that were stolen was a winning scratch-off lottery ticket worth $2 and some change in my ashtray.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gisele Mackenzie saw the love for Bobby Curtola and found it hard to get.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Is Chiliwack going to open?

(Status of obscure-Canadian-bands knowledge: Now exhausted.)

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, nowhere close to exhausted, my friend......we could have an entire Saga on the subject. But if we could even just make the discussion last the night, I would consider that a Triumph.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I meant my knowledge, not the world's, to be clear. I would never presume to speak for our northern friends.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hahahaha....I get your drift ;)

9. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Pashaw! The discussion doesn't even get started until somebody drops Streetheart.

:D

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I just saw the Tragically Hip at the Haymarket T station. I guess it's the 2nd stop on their US tour.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Platinum Blonde?

12. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I see your Standing in the Dark and raise you Haywire.

Draft saved Draft deleted