1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Canuckistani music fans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RickStain, Jun 3, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My wife's been a huge Our Lady Peace fan since long before I've known her, but she's never been able to see them live in concert (despite some near misses worthy of a bad movie script).

They'll be in Regina on July 25, which is within driving distance, but tickets don't go on sale until July 5.

I'm not a music fan in general, and I don't know much about these guys or their concerts, so I'm not sure how fast they'd sell out there. Should I be able to log in the morning they go on sale and be confident of finding tickets, or should I be warning her not to get her hopes up?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I guess it ultimately depends on the venue - do you know where in Regina they'll be playing? I tried to find out on the interwebs but couldn't.

I would think they've played Regina enough times that you can be confident of getting tickets the day they go on sale, but I do know they're releasing their new album on July 21 and there may be a pretty good crowd anxious to see them/hear the new tunes.

3. RickStain

It just got announced on facebook today, I don't know how long it will take for it to be up on other places. The venue just says "Wascana Park." I vaguely know that's the big park that runs through the middle of town, but I don't know if it's got a regular concert venue.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's where the Regina Symphony Orchestra plays, but I have no idea what the capacity is there.

5. RickStain

Okay, because I'm an awesome husband, I've been googling this all night. It looks like they've been booked for something called the Sasktel Summer Invasion festival, which is apparently some kind of skateboarding/extreme sports sort of event. It'll just be an outdoor park concert. Last year they had two bands called Hedley and Seether, neither of whom I've heard of, but that doesn't mean much because I'm not cool.

I guess it doesn't matter, because unless it turns into a scalpfest in the four-digit range, I'm finding a way to get her into that concert.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I am so disappointed the answer to the question wasn't "Honeymoon Suite."

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

What does it take?

8. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You'll have no problem getting tickets. OLP has been around the country enough that people have seen them, and they're not as big a ticket as they were five or 10 years ago. Besides, if it's a park-style event, you're probably just buying a weekend pass that includes all the shows anyhow. It's like going to the Calgary Stampede, except marginally better free acts.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Or the Headpins.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Or Toronto.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Aldo Nova laughs at the amatuers on this thread.

Gino Vanelli applauds this laughter.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Bobby Curtola spits on you all.

Draft saved Draft deleted