1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Believers interested in presidential politics

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Birtherism is one of the ugliest undercurrents in the history of the often-awful ocean that is American politics.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not sure its worse than the "swift-boating" of Kerry (guy who never went to Vietnam gets to rip the guy who was actually there and shot at? How does that happen?)

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I would include swift-boating on my list too qtlaw. In the 1888 presidential election, Cleveland (who legally paid someone to take his place in the Civil War) faced off against Benjamin Harrison (who fought with distinction for the Union) and yet that was not a campaign issue. Today, it would have been.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Perry's not dead yet (politically) and I won't stop until he his. :D

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He sounded Mormon, judging by his anti-Christian answers.

6. Point of Order

You must have majored in Bible, Ace.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Point of Order

A couple of new on my guy, Rick Perry, or as Donald Trump calls him, "Jim".

1. What a stroke of luck for the ultimate flip-flopper Mitt Romney to have his main challenger be the one guy on the political stage who cannot make his mouth up to repeat one of the easiest and most famously effective attack lines uttered by politicians, "you were for it before you were against it." The guy literally gets tongue-twisted on it and has it backwards every time. What luck!

2. I wonder where President Obama's latest birth certificate is now? I know he released it to the media but where is it stored? Wouldn't it be great if it were on public display at the Newseum or Library of Congress or somewhere of the like? Put it behind more glass than the Mona Lisa fram and charge the birthers $20.00 to have a look at it for themselves. Use the proceeds to pay down the debt. Perry could take a trip down with Donald Trump to examine it.

Draft saved Draft deleted