1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for anybody familiar with Tennessee football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by chester, Nov 18, 2008.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Especially since w won't have anything to do when the game's over.

2. chester

chester Member

Thanks for the heads up. I did check Google Maps, though, and I don't think I have to get on I-40 coming down from I-75. But I'm sure the construction will make traffic on every route a little busier.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Go down by the river. There is a pretty good lot on the side of a hill right across the road from Calhoun's (which I recommend for food and micro brews). It'll cost about $20 and there is plenty of tailgating going on. It's not a bad walk to the stadium before/after the game.

There are plenty of pay lots around near the stadium, so it shouldn't be hard to find a spot you like.

4. If you get there a couple hours before kickoff, the construction isn't an issue.

5. Writer33

Writer33 Member

There's also a large location down the strip at the hospital. It's an easy walk to the stadium from there. Dress warmly. It's a 6:30 p.m. start thanks to ESPN. The crowd should be much larger than the Wyoming game. It's Fulmer's final game. I doubt you'll see any Hire Mike Leach signs. Shoeless Joe is right about Calhoun's. Thems good eats.

6. chester

chester Member

Thanks again for everybody's help. It's given me a good base to start from.

7. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

The students are always on Thanksgiving Break for the UK-UT game. It rarely makes a difference. The biggest fans all live close by anyway.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Go to Calhoun's order a Tukaleechee Porter. Tell them Joe sent you. They won't know who the hell you're talkin about, but you'll get a might fine beer!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I fourteenth the love for Calhouns. Also, the Copper Cellar on Cumberland Avenue (the strip) is very good.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Calhoun's is good for atmosphere, but their beer left me wanting. I like the Downtown Grill's offerings better and Barley's is always a good scene.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Isn't UT a dry campus?

12. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I really hope you just forgot the blue font.

Draft saved Draft deleted