1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all. What do you do with an old computer?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

My wife's brother-in-law, a help-desk guy, takes the fried hard drives and does whatever he does. We kept old monitors and keyboards just in case, until we moved last year and upgraded to a flat screen, keeping the 1-year-old regular monitor as a spare and putting the really old spare with the rest of the garage-sale shit. We got bored with the garage sale after about five hours and pulled back a few items, dumped the rest of the crap on the lawn with signs that said, "Free Stuff!" Scavengers descended and almost nothing was left by dusk. We had to put only a few items on the curb, including the monitor and a keyboard. It was three days later before someone took those.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You win. Thanks.
    Contacted the Toronto chapter (it's a city, not the 'burbs, not a "shire" --that made me laugh)

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Yay me!!! Helping a good cause in the Village of Tronna!

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

This from a guy who probably remembers when Toronto's primary 'burb was mainly rural and known as Toronto Township. :D

Not to be confused with the neighbouring Toronto Gore Township, which has also been lost to the ages, along with nearby Chinguacousy Township and others.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So when you get a real job with a real newspaper here in the Centre of the Universe, I'll buy you a drink.:)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Who are you, George Brown?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buy her several drinks... and take pictures ;)

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Are you George Brown, Charlie Brown? ;D

Nope, just a history/geography aficionado. I've tracked down population stats from the early 20th century that show Owen Sound with about the same number of people as all of Peel County. Bizarre, eh?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Marketing isn't a real job? Damn ... pay's not bad for fake work. :D

10. Flash

Flash Guest

You need more than the last ones I posted?

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Always, darlin. Always.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was never much good at.......goodbye. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted