1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about World Series tickets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A buddy was telling me to get into tonight's game, you'll need a Game 5 ticket. The rained out Game 4 tickets will be used Friday.

Why is it done that way? I know there have to be a ton of Cardinals fans from across the midwest who were in town for last night's game. Now they have to stick around until Friday to use those tickets or sell them.

2. This way only one game's worth of fans are inconvenienced. Moving two games means (theoretically) twice as many people change their plans.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn't think of it that way. It makes sense.

But what happens if tonight's game is rained out? Do the tickets go back into order?

For some reason, I can see a lot of people getting turned away at the gates tonight for having the wrong ticket.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

Don't know for sure, but here's my thought.

Let's say you bought a ticket for a game on May 2 and it was rained out. The game was rescheduled to be played on July 18. The rain check allows you to go to the makeup game on July 18. It doesn't allow you to go to the game on May 3, and the seat you purchased on May 2 may be sold for May 3. It's the whole idea of a rain check. Somebody told me that at Wimbledon, they don't even have rainchecks... if you bought a ticket and it rained that day, you are out of luck.

The whole point is that when you buy the ticket, you are entitled to the performance on that day and if that isn't possible, the team has to make it up to you. The ticket is an agreement between the buyer and management. If there is a sweep, you get the ticket price back for Game 5 but not the Ticketron fee.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If both games get washed out (which is how it's looking now), I would think the tickets would revert back to the original order: Games 4 and 5.

It sucks for Joe Blow from Rolla, but the only way to solve this problem is to play every WS in Houston or Toronto.

6. Bite your tounge!

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

hey, what about minnesota, milwaukee, seattle or tampa?

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Arizona. Montreal....oops. Not any more. (sadsmiley)

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I know the forecast was saying 90 percent chance of rain tonight, but is there rain in St. Louis right now? I looked on one radar and didn't see any rain activity. Maybe I just looked at the wrong radar.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Supposedly there was very little rain during the day today. But better to pay four days late than to ... gasp ... play a day game.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The regular season comparison isn't valid. Those tickets are sold for particlar dates; postseason tickets are sold for specific games. Therefore, you don't have the 2 people in one seat scenario.

This actually blows for the Game 5 ticket holders. They may have bought those tickets hoping (dreaming???) of having the best shot at being at the potential clincher (more likely than a 4 game sweep scenario). And now that scenario has played out and the Game 4 ticket holders get the golden ticket instead.

12. BG

BG Member

All I know is that if the Tigers don't pull their heads out of their asses, my Game 6 and 7 tickets aren't going to do me much good.

Draft saved Draft deleted