1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about wine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FireJimTressel.com, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

This wine expert is a resource. He's a former sports writer/editor in Pittsburgh, Washington, San Diego and Newsday:

http://www.whitleyonwine.com/

2. One long, slow glass after dinner today and I'd be mellow enough to vote for Fredo.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's port you're drinking and not something you're smoking?

4. Like I said, I loves me some port.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

My neighbor the wine and liquor salesman just brought by a bottle of Beaujolas Nouveau. He wanted us to drink it with dinner, but I regretfully told him that going to work having had a couple glasses is frowned upon. Still, a great Thanksgiving present!

6. You can get drunk. You just can't play solitaire at the games.

7. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

We're partial to Woodbridge Sauvignon blanc, although it might be a little light for the bird.

Up here, it's considered a perfectly acceptable bottle of wine, in the $15 range - not fancy, but not cheap.

You guys can get it in Publix for $3.99 ($7.99 for the double size).

For $10-15, you should be able to hit the motherlode.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Some wine goes bad because of the corks that degrade. There have been some decent European Vinyards that have gone to synthetic corks and screw tops. Portugal, which produces most of the cork, has already started to feel it. The shift is happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted