1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about TV scheduling

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 28, 2009.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The problem with the NCAA Tournament scheduling was that for the Regional semifinals, they began the West at 5:07 local time, and then the second game in the eastern time zone didn't start until 10:00. It would have made more sense for both viewers and those in attendance to have switched the order of play. Of course, on the list of 100 things the NCAA considers when making a decision like this, common sense is No. 101.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Makes more sense how they did it. North Carolina brings lots of viewers, and Villanova is from the No. 4 or 5 TV market.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I guess your right. I guess I was looking at it more from a local economy standpoint. The city would have made more money with beer sales and at restaurants but not really the NCAA.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Get the MSU game over with early and the locals will have more time to cry in their beer.... and buy more beer before the bars close.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The early start for State also means the arena will be full for opening tip-which doesn't always happen.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Furniture stores will make a mint with the early start. State fans will have plenty of time to buy new couches to burn.

Draft saved Draft deleted