1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question About the Cubs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is sort of between topics, but I think's it belongs in sports and news. How does the Trib Co.'s bankruptcy affect the status of the Cubs sale? If Cuban is the highest bidder for this asset, can MLB block the sale? Or if it does, can the creditors sue them, or the bankruptcy judge order the sale?
    The only bankruptcy I covered was of the Sullivan family's corporate shells when they owned the Pats, and in that case, their problem was finding a buyer for the asset who wasn't as broke as themselves, so my limited knowledge of bankruptcy law does not apply. But bankruptcy judges have broad powers, and if I was a creditor, I'd be itching to sue Bud and friends. They're solvent.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

According to what's been reported the Cubs aren't part of the bankruptcy filing so I guess it doesn't affect the sale.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought for sure this would be "Why?" and aimed at A_QB.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted