1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about PC games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jul 18, 2008.

1. SigR

SigR Member

I would advise against ever letting a child get their hands on a MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) like World of Warcraft. Depending on the personality of the individual, these games can be excruciatingly addictive. Many teen/young adult lives are wasting away right now in these universes. It's something that is going to keep growing, and government is eventually going to get its paws into it too. Too many people are wrecking their lives.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Hopefully, World of Warcraft won't cause autism in these poor kids. I blame the parents.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Oh my gods.

::)

Fortunately, he's not talking about hooking his 4-year-old kid up with World of Warcraft, but instead with the children's computer game based on the Disney/Pixar children's movie WALL.E. I threw WoW out there as a random example to Tom Petty regarding something else in an instance that had nothing to do with the initial question.

You may wish to read a tad more carefully next time.

End of threadjack.

4. I agree. We prefer Grand Theft Auto for our 4-year-old.

Draft saved Draft deleted