1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about PC games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Anyone play games on their pc?

My 4-year-old wants the Wall-E game and I was wondering if I could get away with buying her the pc version and saving an extra $30 I'd spend for the PlayStation. She has her own hand-me-down computer that she plays some preschool games on.

Do you think she could manage that game on a PC? Would I need to buy a joystick?

I don't play games on pc so I really have no idea.

2. For a kid that young, I'm sure she can do everything with the mouse and/or keyboard.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can your PC handle the game's RAM, disk and graphics card requirements? The latter is extremely important; if you don't have an ATi or nVidia card, the answer is probably "no."

4. I have no idea. It's an older computer - 99 HP.

If not, we can put it on my wife's Vaio.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Check the requirements on the box, but sounds like you'd be better off on the Vaio. Or just getting a reconditioned PS2.

6. I have a PS2 now that works fine. It's just that the games are $50, which one would think would be less than the PS3 and XBox games, but no.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no. nobody does.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

The 10 million people who play World of Warcraft online are a mighty large group of nobodies, sir. (self not included; incompatible OS)

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

coffee, coffee, coffee {shakinghead/}

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Check the requirements like 2MCM suggested.

We have never had a gaming console, the kids have had to make do with PC games.

If the computer can handle it, it will work just fine for her.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

And Guild Wars, a game that just about everyone that I lived with last year was obsessed with.

I've played games for PC on my computer, and you can go through and set the specific controls so it'll be easier to use. It just depends on what she's comfortable with. If she can handle the games you already have loaded, she can probably handle Wall-E.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I am obsessed with rFactor, a PC racing game. Greatest game I have ever played in my life. Because of it, I have raced on nearly every conceivable track past and present in all kinds of different cars.

In fact, I'm going to race the A1 cars at Brno right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted